Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > TS Astra / Astra G transponder programmi...
TS Astra / Astra G transponder programming issue

4273 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: 2015-06-15 07:33:06

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    greasemonkey87
    2013-08-26 04:15:55
    Hi I have the DS708 and I'm trying to program a new key on a 2004 Holden TS Astra / Opel Astra G I used to work for GM Holden which rebadged the Opel Astra for the Australian market. From experience, when programming keys with OPCOM, you are given the option of reprogramming an old key to the vehicle (ie after replacing an ECU or Immobiliser ECU) or programming a new key. The DS708 only gives me one option and doesn't specify which option it is. So I've programmed the new key, and whilst the key is programmed and recognised as now being 'Transponder Key 3' I believe its been programmed as an old key, not a new one and won't start the vehicle. The transponder status is coming up as 'New TP-Key' where it should say 'Correct TP-Key'. Can any one suggest anything? Or can Autel possibly look into this issue and bring out an update? PS I love the DS708, this is the first time I've encountered a problem like this. Thanks Jim

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-08-28 01:32:31

Hello, I have checked our protocol. As for this car, 2004 Holden TS Astra / Opel Astra G , we can only access the key program function via Opel vehicles. In the Anti-theft system, there is two options for key programming. One is to erase the key; the other is to program new keys. I am not sure your test path. ..Would you pls do a datalog with DS708, and send the file to support@auteltech.com? Then I will follow up.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    update28

2014-10-23 15:03:39 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hello, 

I have the same problem on my scanner. The scanner sets the new transponder to new tp-key, not correct tp-key. Therefore, the car will not start. Please fix the issues autel!!

This problem comes only when new transponder is used, not old one!!

•   Level 2   
    (19) points
    Sid

2015-06-06 06:42:14 (Reply to:update28 )

I have struck the exact problem,did anyone get around this?

•   Level 1   
    (6) points
    glenngri

2015-06-15 07:33:06

I have had the same problem on a Holden Combo / Opel corsa C!
  Total1 Pages